Friday, February 13, 2009

Study Abroad

Tuesday, February 10

One of my host Rotarians, Julia Gonzalez, told me that she ran into the president of la Universidad del Norte (UniNorte), Dr. Juan Marcos, and she told him about me. He gave her his business card and told her to have me get in touch with him because he would like to talk to me about my plans in Paraguay. Among other things, this will be the perfect opportunity to propose my idea of starting a study abroad program between UniNorte and Texas State. I have already spoken to the study abroad coordinator at Texas State and she was excited about the idea. Now I need to see how UniNorte feels about it.

I am excited about the idea of opening up an exchange between the two schools. It is a great way to keep an open line of communication between the two schools and the two countries. Furthermore, it will expose the often overlooked country that is Paraguay. This is a great way bring Americans to Paraguay and show them what a great country Paraguay is. Plus, with the cost-of-living as cheap as it is down here, this is a far more attractive option than most other study abroad programs offered at Texas State.

No comments:

Post a Comment